OutSport Toronto takes the privacy rights of Users of this Site and other individuals associated with OutSport Toronto very seriously and seeks to ensure the highest standards of compliance with Canadian data protection laws and regulations.
"Your Data" means any information about You which is personally identifiable, including, without limitation, Your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial details, User Name, Password, comments, profiles, personal descriptions, photos and other information from which You can be identified and which You may disclose to Us or otherwise via the Site or otherwise at any time.
When do We collect Your data?
If You are registered as a nominee of a member organisation, We collect Data when You:
- are registered as a member nominee;
- update Your User Profile or Settings; and
- post an entry on the Site.
If You otherwise use the Site (whether or not You are a member nominee), We collect Your Data from You:
- when You make a complaint or inquiry or provide other feedback to Us;
- when You submit an entry to a competition or prize draw;
- when You request to be sent information;
- when You complete a survey, application, evaluation, or registration form, whether through this Site or otherwise;
- when you eMail us for any reason, either through an eMail address @OutSportToronto.org or directly to one of the directors, volunteers, or agents of OutSport Toronto;
- when You disclose Your Data to Us or otherwise through the Site at any other point.
How We use Your Data
We use Your Data to:
- monitor, develop and improve the Site, Services, and Your experience;
- process Your registration as a Member nominee and to process and administer Your Membership (where appropriate);
- manage the internal affairs of OutSport Toronto as they pertain to You, Your Organisation, or all Member Organisations, including contacting you to advise you of opportunities to become involved in OutSport Toronto or Member Organisation Initiatives;
- process and deal with any complaints or inquiries made by or about You;
- where (and only where) requested by You, to send You and keep You updated with information by email about existing and new services and special offers from Us;
- where (and only where) requested by You, to notify you of new content on the site posted by OutSport Toronto or other members;
- where (and only where) requested by You, to send You information by e-mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to You; and
- where you are a prize winner, to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
To opt-out of receiving any information pursuant to 6, 7, or 8, You can:
- amend Your preferences accordingly in Your Profile or Settings;
- use the facility contained in any such communication; or
- email us at privacy@OutSportToronto.org stating Your Username and the nature of the communication from which You do not wish to receive further communications.
Will we pass on Your Data to third parties?
We may pass Your Data to other parties as follows:
- Where relevant, Your User Name, Full Name, eMail address, contact phone number, and any other information you voluntarily provide in Your User Profile will be published on the Users' area of the site and this will be the identity by which You are known on the Site. Where other Users wish to chat or otherwise contact You, they will be able to identify You by Your User Name and any other information You may yourself disclose via the Site.
- To Our directors, volunteers, employees and agents to administer Your Account and the services provided to You by Us now or in the future.
- Some general statistical information about the Site User base, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include information personally identifying You.
We do not pass or sell Your Data to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect Your Data. All the Data collected by Us is stored on a secure server.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, You can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Access to and Updating Your Data
Where You are a Registered User, You may access and update Your Data contained in Your User Account accessed by the "Settings" link. You must make sure that You update Your Data as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
If You are not a Registered User but would like to update Your Data, then please contact Us at privacy@OutSportToronto.org setting out Your Name, eMail address which you may have specified at the time you provided Your Data, and the details that You wish to change.
Please be aware that the Site may link to other web sites that may be accessed by You through Our Site. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites. We do not have any control over the use to which third parties may put Your Data where You choose to purchase products or services or otherwise to contact them via this Site.
Transfer Outside Canada
This Site is accessible via the internet and therefore may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other Users may also be or access the Site from outside Canada. This means that, where You post Your Data on the Site, this could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of Your Data outside of Canada may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of Your Data for and by way of this purpose.